The winery was built in the time of the SFRY by former company ZIK “Red Star” Shtip and started operating in 1958 under the name Grozd Shtip, and later as Vinal Shtip. According to the social order in that period, it was state-owned. At that time the cellar had its own vineyards of around 988 hectares, but with the privatization processes after the independence of the Republic of Macedonia, the areas under the vine were sold out.
The wine cellar was privatized with the sale of the foreign investor Anevski Lowie in 2003 when it was renamed as Anevski Wineria DOOEL Stip. Today, the winery doesn’t own vineyards and the grape ransom is done mostly from individual grape growers.